Problems may be solved by simply turning the power on/off or disconnecting/ connecting the power cord, which is easier than working on the connection, setting and operating procedure. Try the simple measures on both the unit and the connected device. If the problem is that the video or audio is not output or the HDMI linked operation does not work, disconnecting/connecting the HDMI cable may solve it. When reconnecting, be careful not to wind the HDMI cable since if wound the HDMI cable may not fit well. After reconnecting, turn off and on the unit and the connected device.
- The AV receiver contains a microPC for signal processing and control functions. In very rare situations, severe interference, noise from an external source, or static electricity may cause it to lockup. In the unlikely event that this happens, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, wait at least 5 seconds, and then plug it back in.
- Our company is not responsible for damages (such as CD rental fees) due to unsuccessful recordings caused by the unit’s malfunction. Before you record important data, make sure that the material will be recorded correctly.
Try restarting the unit
Restarting this unit may solve the problem. After turning the unit to standby mode, press and hold the STANDBY/ON button of the main unit for at least 5 seconds, and then restart the unit. (The settings on this unit are kept.) If the problem persists after restarting the unit, unplug and plug the power cords or HDMI cable of this unit and connected devices.
Resetting the unit (this resets the unit settings to the default)
If the restart of the unit does not solve the problem, reset the unit, and restore all the settings to the factory default at the time of purchase. This may solve the problem. If the unit is reset, your settings are restored to the default values. Be sure to note down your setting contents before performing the following operations.
- While pressing and holding AUTO/DIRECT of the input selector on the main unit with the unit turned on, press the STANDBY/ON button.
- "Clear" is displayed on the display, and the unit returns to the standby state. Do not remove the power cord until "Clear" disappears from the display.
The display does not light up
- When the Dimmer function is working, the display may go dim or turn off. Press the DIMMER button, and change the brightness level of the display.
- Make sure that the batteries are inserted with the correct polarity.
- Insert new batteries. Do not mix different types of batteries, or old and new batteries.
- Make sure that the sensor of the main unit is not subjected to direct sunlight or inverter-type fluorescent lights. Relocate it if necessary.
- If the main unit is installed in a rack or cabinet with colored-glass doors, or if the doors are closed, the remote controller may not work normally.