Problems may be solved by simply turning the power on/off or disconnecting/ connecting the power cord, which is easier than working on the connection, setting and operating procedure. Try the simple measures on both the unit and the connected device. If the problem is that the video or audio is not output or the HDMI linked operation does not work, disconnecting/connecting the HDMI cable may solve it. When reconnecting, be careful not to wind the HDMI cable since if wound the HDMI cable may not fit well. After reconnecting, turn off and on the unit and the connected device.
- The AV receiver contains a microPC for signal processing and control functions. In very rare situations, severe interference, noise from an external source, or static electricity may cause it to lockup. In the unlikely event that this happens, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, wait at least 5 seconds, and then plug it back in.
- Our company is not responsible for damages (such as CD rental fees) due to unsuccessful recordings caused by the unit’s malfunction. Before you record important data, make sure that the material will be recorded correctly.
Try restarting the unit
Restarting this unit may solve the problem. After turning the unit to standby mode, press and hold the STANDBY/ON button of the main unit for at least 5 seconds, and then restart the unit. (The settings on this unit are kept.) If the problem persists after restarting the unit, unplug and plug the power cords or HDMI cable of this unit and connected devices.
Resetting the unit (this resets the unit settings to the default)
If the restart of the unit does not solve the problem, reset the unit, and restore all the settings to the factory default at the time of purchase. This may solve the problem. If the unit is reset, your settings are restored to the default values. Be sure to note down your setting contents before performing the following operations.
- While pressing and holding AUTO/DIRECT of the input selector on the main unit with the unit turned on, press the STANDBY/ON button.
- "Clear" is displayed on the display, and the unit returns to the standby state. Do not remove the power cord until "Clear" disappears from the display.
Before you start...
- Unplug and plug the power cord of the unit, or turn off and on the BLUETOOTH-enabled device. Restart of the BLUETOOTH-enabled device may be effective.
- BLUETOOTH-enabled devices must support the A2DP profile.
- Because a radio wave interference will occur, this unit may not be used near devices such as a microwave oven or cordless phone which use the radio wave in the 2.4 GHz range.
- A metallic object near the unit can affect on the radio wave, and BLUETOOTH connection may not be possible.
Cannot connect with this unit
- Check if the BLUETOOTH function of the BLUETOOTH-enabled device is enabled. ( p80)
Music playback is unavailable on the unit even after successful BLUETOOTH connection
- When the audio volume of your BLUETOOTH-enabled device is set low, the audio may not be played back. Turn up the volume of the BLUETOOTH-enabled device.
- Depending on the BLUETOOTH-enabled device, the Send/Receive selector switch may be equipped. Select Send mode.
- Depending on the characteristics or specifications of the BLUETOOTH-enabled device, music may not be played back on this unit.
Sound is interrupted
- There may a problem with the BLUETOOTH-enabled device. Check the information on a web page.
The audio quality is poor after connection with a BLUETOOTH-enabled device
- The BLUETOOTH reception is poor. Move the BLUETOOTH-enabled device closer to the unit, or remove any obstacle between the BLUETOOTH-enabled device and this unit.