Problems may be solved by simply turning the power on/off or disconnecting/ connecting the power cord, which is easier than working on the connection, setting and operating procedure. Try the simple measures on both the unit and the connected device. If the problem is that the video or audio is not output or the HDMI linked operation does not work, disconnecting/connecting the HDMI cable may solve it. When reconnecting, be careful not to wind the HDMI cable since if wound the HDMI cable may not fit well. After reconnecting, turn off and on the unit and the connected device.
- The AV receiver contains a microPC for signal processing and control functions. In very rare situations, severe interference, noise from an external source, or static electricity may cause it to lockup. In the unlikely event that this happens, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, wait at least 5 seconds, and then plug it back in.
- Our company is not responsible for damages (such as CD rental fees) due to unsuccessful recordings caused by the unit’s malfunction. Before you record important data, make sure that the material will be recorded correctly.
Try restarting the unit
Restarting this unit may solve the problem. After turning the unit to standby mode, press and hold the STANDBY/ON button of the main unit for at least 5 seconds, and then restart the unit. (The settings on this unit are kept.) If the problem persists after restarting the unit, unplug and plug the power cords or HDMI cable of this unit and connected devices.
Resetting the unit (this resets the unit settings to the default)
If the restart of the unit does not solve the problem, reset the unit, and restore all the settings to the factory default at the time of purchase. This may solve the problem. If the unit is reset, your settings are restored to the default values. Be sure to note down your setting contents before performing the following operations.
- While pressing and holding AUTO/DIRECT of the input selector on the main unit with the unit turned on, press the STANDBY/ON button.
- "Clear" is displayed on the display, and the unit returns to the standby state. Do not remove the power cord until "Clear" disappears from the display.
Before you start...
- Confirm that the connection between the output jack on the connected device and the input jack on this unit is correct.
- Make sure that none of the connecting cables are bent, twisted, or damaged.
- When the TV image is blurry or unclear, the power cord or connection cables of the unit may have interfered. In such a case, keep distance between TV antenna cable and cables of the unit.
- Check the switching of the input screen on the monitor side such as a TV.
No image appears
- If a 4K high-quality video is played, use a Premium High Speed HDMI Cable or Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet whose package has a "PREMIUM Certified Cable" label.
- Change the input selector on this unit to the position of the terminal to which the player is connected.
No image from a device connected to HDMI IN jack
- To display video from the connected player on the TV while the unit is in standby, you need to enable "5. Hardware" - "HDMI" - "HDMI Standby Through" in the Setup menu. For details of the HDMI Standby Through function, refer to "5. Hardware" - "HDMI" in the Setup menu.
- Check if "Resolution Error" is displayed on the main unit display when video input via HDMI IN jack is not displayed. In this case, the TV does not support the resolution of the video input from the player. Change the setting on the player.
- Normal operation with an HDMI-DVI adapter is not guaranteed. In addition, video signals output from a PC are not guaranteed.
- The output resolution of the player may not be compatible with the resolution of the TV. If the player is connected to this unit with an HDMI cable, change the output resolution on the player. Also this may be solved by changing the screen mode on the TV.
Video and audio are out of synch
- Depending on the settings on your TV and connection environment, the video may be behind the audio. To adjust, press on the remote controller, and adjust in "HDMI" - "Sound Delay" in the "AV Adjust".