Problems may be solved by simply turning the power on/off or disconnecting/connecting the power cord, which is easier than working on the connection, setting and operating procedure. Try the simple measures on both the unit and the connected device. After reconnecting, turn off and on the unit and the connected device.
- This unit contains a microPC for signal processing and control functions. In very rare situations, severe interference, noise from an external source, or static electricity may cause it to lockup. In the unlikely event that this happens, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, wait at least 5 seconds, and then plug it back in.
- We are not responsible for reparations for damages (such as CD rental fees) due to unsuccessful recordings caused by the unit’s malfunction. Before you record important data, make sure that the material will be recorded correctly.
Resetting the unit (this resets the unit settings to the default)
Resetting the unit to the status at the time of shipment may solve the problem. If the unit is reset, your settings are restored to the default values. Be sure to note down your setting contents before performing the following operations.
- While the power is on, press STANDBY/ON while pressing DIRECT.
Cannot turn on the unit
- Make sure that the power cord is properly plugged into the wall outlet.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, wait 5 seconds or more, then plug it in again.
The unit turns off unexpectedly
- The unit automatically enters standby mode when auto standby is activated.
- A speaker cable may have shorted and the protective circuit function may have been activated. Make sure bare speaker wires are not touching each other or the back panel of the unit, then turn the unit on again. If this unit does not turn on, immediately unplug the power cord from
the wall outlet and contact your dealer.
- The protective circuit function may have been activated because the temperature of the unit rose abnormally. If this happens, then the power will continue to turn off after you have turned the unit on again. Make sure the unit has plenty of space for ventilation around it, wait for the unit to
cool down sufficiently, and then try turning it on again.
If smoke, smell or abnormal noise is produced by the unit, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet immediately and contact the dealer or customer support